Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mystery revealed!!!

wow!!
On a personal note....
I did something very silly yesterday and stepped on the scale, to my extreme horror, I hit a new HIGH.... the top of all the tops!!!(for me) I won't get into the details of that but thought today would be a good day to start making sm
arter choices, shall I say....
Anyway, I had always had really good luck in the past with WW so I thought I would try and keep an eye on my points and see how it goes. Was doing well until one of my clients brought me my fav, a tim hortons coffee, extra large double double... and it was so good. So that got me thinking, I wonder how many ww points a coffee like this would be, to my complete horror, I just looked it up....
For those of you who don't know about WW, you are allow a certain number of points depending on your age, sex, height, activity level... ect. and each food has a point value, count your points loose the weight...
I am allowed 18points for my day (I am short, sit all day and am a girl with very little activity, the 
worst combination...)
Ok back to the coffee.... are you ready???
7 points for my coffee
Oh but wait it gets worse, when I am extra lucky I get one of those totally awesome breakfast sandwiches(cheese, egg, sausage, Oh and I put ketchup on it)
Those little bites of yumminess     
13 points....
~~~~~
~~~~~~
total 20points for my breakfast favorite!!
this is something I would say I have more than weekly and at times, more than daily, at least for the coffee....
Gee... wonder why I have put on 20+ pounds, could anyone help me solve this mystery!!
ARG!! I hang my head down in shame!! 
guess I need to really think weather that yummy hot, sweet, creamy coffee is werth... OH say 8hours on a tredmill...
a sad day for coffee drinkers everywhere!!!

12 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL Sorry about your points! Maybe you can reward yourself with a coffee/breaskfast sandwich for every 5 pounds you lose?

BTW, I think we have the same body...and taste!

If stamping only burned more calories...:)

mindylou said...

HOLY! I'd have never thought it would be so much!!! I just started the WW again too!! Good luck!

Mindylou said...

Oh but Timmies extra large steeped tea with one milk and sugar is 2 points and a Starbucks grande soy latte is 3 points (I think the milk version is the same and I think they have a sugar free chocolate syrup now. MMMMMMMMMMMM!)

fishlips said...

20 points just for coffee no wonder I can't do ww...lol
Good luck you can do it, be strong!!! Go Laura go...

Heather said...

Wow That sure is alot of points for coffee! I left you something on my blog!

CathyRose said...

It is always a shock to find out how much our favorites cost us! Good luck on cutting back.

thescrapmaster said...

Wow, I can't believe it is so fattening! I wish you the best of luck losing the weight. Be strong and resist that temptation. You can do it!!

~Samantha

Dawn said...

Love me some Timmy Ho's... we don't have any down south... but darn that Dunki' Doughnuts just the same! best of luck to you!

Louise, that's me!! said...

Cripes.... no wonder I just sloth away in solitude, the truth is just WAY to disstressing! Good on you for taking action.

Amber (bambi64) said...

What I didn't know, didn't hurt me! Until now!! LOL And here I sit with my cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer!! Oh, well.

Jen said...

Good luck with WW!

You have a beautiful blog:) Looking forward to getting to know you!

gale said...

I know the feeling! When I was doing WW I was out with my kids one day and had forgotten my pda with my points info. I decided to have a shake from BK because how bad could that be?? Well it was bad. About 2 days worth of points almost. ACK!!

what I am singing this week!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My wonderful visitors!!!