Sunday, December 14, 2008

two weeks in a row... bad blgger!!!

Dear wonderful readers!!
I am a bad blogger two weeks in a row I have not done my photo tips on time, how bad is that!!!
As I am sure you can all imagine it is a busy busy time of year, anyway, on with the show!
Ok, today my roommate Andrea asked me for some help working on an xmas present for her family, she wanted to make a scrapbook thing to show off her life here since she moved to Calgary. When she went on line to upload her pics it wouldn't work, well it would work but she had these "!" beside each pic as she uploaded them... with a note that told her that the pics would be tooo small(or something like that) Anyway, thats when I got called in, she was upset and just couldn't figure it out, between the two of us we realized with sadness what the problem was, and hence my tip!!!
UNLESS YOU ONLY PLAN ON UPLOADING YOUR PICS TO THE INTERNET, ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CAMERA SET AT THE HIGHEST RESOLUTION/MEGABITES....
because her camera was set at the lowest resolution/quality/megapixel setting her photos weren't even big enough to print 4x6, alot of people buy these great cameras but don't know how to use them, and by accident end up having there cameras on settings that won't ever produce the main thing they want "pictures, and Memories"
ALSO... don't fall over here, but......
MEGA PIXELS AREN'T EVERYTHING!!!!
you only need a 2 mega pixel camera to print a perfect 4x6 pic
and not much more to print a 5x7....
SO don't be fooled by cameras that brag about having a ton of mega pixels, unless you are wanting to print pictures that will cover a large wall, or billboard you really don't need all those pixels!!!
ok, now you know, always set camera on a higher picture quality, and meda pixels are not everything!!!
BUT wait, we had a contest running!! Can you beleive on even one of you sent me a picture??
that makes me sad, perhaps we could try one more time????
LADIES, want to win something free??
then show me you have learnt something!!! Go out and take some pics, send me them via email soulphotography@hotmail.com
and tell me what tip you used, I will draw a name and you could be a winner!!!!
ok last.....
here is a little joke to remind
you of the holiday season!!!

3 comments:

Janine Wahl said...

Hey, my dear hope all is going well! That is a great thing to remember when shooting pics.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

fishlips said...

We will forgive you.......Frosty ...keep your fingers out of your nose...lol

gale said...

thanks for the tips. I always read about how MP aren't everything but since I crop my pics a lot (my best lens is not a big zoom) I do like lots of MPs. lol. I always keep my setting on the biggest picture size.

what I am singing this week!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My wonderful visitors!!!